Awash; Dreaming Of Climate Change...

I had a dream this morning about living in a large coastal city.

I was driving home and the road I usually took was awash up to the floorboards of my yellow Dodge Dakota pickup truck.

* Side note: It's V6 2-Wheel drive. I drive it because I'm 6'6" & 330lbs. It's the only vehicle I've found that I can extend my knees in, and don't have to climb down into. If I could afford to electrify it, I would.

So, to the dream...

I think the city on my left was Chicago, which actually is coastal. Lake Michigan is 70 miles wide and 800 miles long. The whole area was once under the sea. 

I'm not sure it actually was Chicago in the dream, but it felt like that. I used to work in downtown Chicago, and I was driving home from work in the dream.

The downtown area was above a tall concrete wall in my dream, and to my left.

The road I usually took ran into the water and came back up. I made it throught that, but then the road turned and disappeared into the water. The water was as far as the eye could see in front of me and to my right.

The only way left that I could go was along a set of railroad tracks, so I set mt left wheel over the track and on the center of the ties, and my right wheels on the ballast (rocks & gravel) to the right.

I followed the tracks East & turning North, hoping they connected to another road where I could turn into the city.

At the last possible point where I might have been able to turn in, there was an encampment of people blocking the tracks. Past them was open water.

The people had lawn chairs and coolers and charcoal grills. I was trying to tell them that the water was rising, but my alarm went off.

My wife Saren just told me that she also had a dream of flooding this morning. She was with me and a realtor looking at houses in Southern Florida.

Every house we were shown had a foot of water inside. The realto was trying to fluff it off like it was nothing, and we were laughing our heads off.

Dan

Comments