Just Thinking A Bit…Keyboard Or Touchpad?


When it comes to control panels – which for a blogger is your keyboard, NOTHING beats a straight, old-school detached computer keyboard. I love that you can angle it any way you want without affecting the screen angle. I love that it has discreet keys, and that you don’t have to reach over a track-pad to keyboard. The way I type – two right-hand index & middle fingers with left thumb or index finger for shift – I can hit about 30 words a minute and I never feel even close to carpal tunnel. No numbness, no tingling.

Laptop keyboards are just plain more cumbersome. I kind of wish that they could lift up and angle without moving the screen. I also wish there was a better spot for the track-pad than between you and the keyboard.  It gets clunky trying to write anything of real length on the things.

I am almost willing to say – after years of using them – that I prefer writing on a smartphone touchscreen for shorter pieces. Almost.

Dan
 
Dan Stafford

Comments