My Quiet Place…


Zarka Cigar lounge is a place I really enjoy. I like to try to make it once a week.

I know, I know, “tobacco bad!” There’s a thing called moderation…interesting concept, not often discussed these days, and less often practiced it would seem.

I love the relative quiet of the environment compared to the rest of the world. It’s one of the few places I can go where the outside world only intrudes when I let it…mostly.

I love the scent of cigar smoke, and everything else about it. Reading a good book or magazine, listening to a podcast, reading a favorite blog; Those things that much of the world sees no value in. It’s all about recharging your mental batteries.

I discovered a favorite blog there just a couple of weeks ago: Heropress. It’s the stories of people who work with WordPress. How they got involved with it, and how it’s impacted their lives. For most, the stories are inspiring, uplifting, and empowering. I love reading them. They give me hope.

It’s a simple thing, really. Something everyone should have their own version of.

As I love to call it, “slow time.”

Write on,

Dan


Dan Stafford

Comments